You may need to access the BIOS setup utility for a number of reasons like managing memory settings, configuring a new hard drive, changing the boot order, resetting the BIOS password, etc.
Entering BIOS is actually very easy once you determine which key or combination of keys on your keyboard to press to access BIOS.
Follow the easy steps below to access the BIOS setup utility on your computer.
1. Turn on your PC or restart it if it’s already on.
2. Watch for a “entering setup” message in the first few seconds after turning on your computer. This message varies greatly from computer to computer and also includes the key or keys you need to press to enter BIOS.
Here are some common ways you might see this BIOS access message:
• Press [key] to enter setup
• Setup: [key]
• Enter BIOS by pressing [key]
• Press [key] to enter BIOS setup
• Press [key] to access BIOS
• Press [key] to access system configuration
3. Quickly press the key or keys instructed by the previous message to get into BIOS.
Note: You may need to press the BIOS access key several times to enter BIOS. Don’t hold the key down or press it too many times or your system may error or lock up. If that happens, just restart and try again.
These tutorials are a one-person effort. Please donate if you find them useful.