cant re-open folder from video editing app

Ask any and all of your Windows 7 questions here.

Sponsor

Sponsor

Postby cliffyg » Mon Apr 11, 2011 6:29 pm

im using dvdfab on an xp ok. when i use it on my windows 7 laptop I select a dvd to convert (already ripped to a hard drive) it works ok. But when I try and select another folder get the open folder box but it wont select the folder with the files in it only shows the last folder i was working on, it appears to be locked to the one folder. I have to shut the program down edit the last selected folder in the registry and re start dvdfab to get it to free up so I can then select another folder. This problem also occurs with handbrake software, both of which work ok on my xp pc. when i browse the folder using windows explore I can see everything as normal. has anyone got any ideas on the problem? Thanks.
cliffyg

Sponsor

Sponsor

Re: cant re-open folder from video editing app

Postby lorraine » Mon Apr 11, 2011 11:43 pm

I have not tried DVDFab on Windows 7--only once on XP as a trial. Are you using the 30-day trial or full version? It is possible that some features are not fully-available in the trial version--or at least that's what I have found with various media software that I have tried.

Since this is a question specific to DVDFab you might be better off posting a question on their forum: http://forum.dvdfab.com/

Maybe the FAQ section will help: http://www.dvdfab.com/faq I entered the keyword "folder" in the search field and got a page of topics. Perhaps one of them may apply to your situation so try it out to see what you get.
lorraine

Return to Windows 7 Questions.