windows 7 restarts automatucally

Ask any and all of your Windows 7 questions here.

Sponsor

Sponsor

Postby JPulcinella » Thu Apr 14, 2011 6:43 am

I am running Windows 7 64 bit. In the middle of doing something, Windows wil restart automatically. What causes this and how do I stop it from happening.
Thank you.
JPulcinella

Sponsor

Sponsor

Re: windows 7 restarts automatucally

Postby online_fixes » Thu Apr 14, 2011 11:03 am

Hello,

Click on the Start Orb and type in Event Viewer. You should see it at the top of the menu. Click on it and when it opens look in the Windows Logs on the left hand side of the window. Look in the Application and System Logs to see if there are any apps showing up around the times you PC is rebooting.
---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
I should have mentioned that this can be a result of heat build up to. Can you hear the cooling fans start when the PC starts? Does the PC come right back up after it shuts down?

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Give me a little more info on what you are doing when this happens. As how many apps you have running, tabs open in IE, etc.

Gary
online_fixes
Site Admin

Return to Windows 7 Questions.