Error message 1719

Ask any and all of your Windows 7 questions here.

Re: Error message 1719

Sponsor

Sponsor

Postby lorraine » Wed Jul 13, 2011 1:38 pm

Good luck with it all. I'll be honest that I have had little experience with "nuts and bolts" fixes for Windows 7 since it, in my opinion, is the best and least problematic Operating System that I've ever dealt with. In all my years troubleshooting PCs Windows 95-Windows Vista presented various issues that needed attention. In the last 18+ months that I've owned Windows 7 Professional x64 the only issue I've had is an issue not directly related to Windows 7 itself but the XP Virtual Machine feature (posted elsewhere on this board).

When you have had the time to do more troubleshooting please post back with your results.

One more question for when you post back: have you installed SP1 for Windows 7 yet?
lorraine

Sponsor

Sponsor

Postby mybowlsbag » Wed Jul 27, 2011 5:59 am

I am still trying here. I have got to a position where I need to reinstall Windows Installer, but
Microsoft support 315346 seems to be for Windows XP. Is there a number for Windows 7 to do this?
Thanks in anticipation
mybowlsbag

Postby lorraine » Wed Jul 27, 2011 10:13 pm

It would really help me if you could give me details about what you may or may not have tried as suggested in my July 12 post. When you called Microsoft for support what was the result? I'm sure that someone at Microsoft can discuss re-installing Windows Installer for Windows 7. I suggest that you take advantage of their support while it's free since once Windows 8 comes out the only free support for a previous Operating System is for security issues relating to Microsoft Updates--at least that has been their policy in the past about non-current Operating Systems.
lorraine

Postby mybowlsbag » Fri Jul 29, 2011 4:23 am

I have got to the stage of Reinstalling the Windows Installer but Miscosoft support 315346 is for Windows 7. Do you lnow the correct page for Windows 7, pleas?
mybowlsbag

Postby online_fixes » Fri Jul 29, 2011 11:36 am

FIRST IF YOU ARE NOT COMFORTABLE EDITING THE REGISTRY DON’T DO ANY OF THE FOLLOWING THAT REQUIRES YOU TO ENTER THE REGISTRY!! USE THESE TIPS AT YOUR OWN RISK.

SECOND TRY AND DO ALL STEPS. YOU HAVEN’T BEEN FOLLOWING MANY OF THE TIPS OFFERED OR QUESTIONS ASKED FOR MORE INFO. WE CAN’T HELP YOU IF YOU DON’T SEND BACK INFORMATION.

Try the following Windows Installer troubleshooting steps.
Windows Installer Errors troubleshooting:

Step 1:
Check the Windows Installer Service.

1. Click Start Orb, in the start search box, type Services and press Enter.
2. Scroll down and find the Windows Installer. Double-click “Windows Installer” in the Services list.
3. On the General tab, make sure the service is started under “Service status”.
4. If the service is not already running, under Service status, click Start, and then click OK.

Step 2:
Unregister and re-register the Windows Installer

1. Click Start Orb, in the start search box, type MSIEXEC /UNREGISTER, and then click OK .
2. Click Start Orb, in the start search box, type MSIEXEC /REGSERVER, and then click OK . After you run this command, the operation is complete.
3. Now, try your installation again.

Step 3:
Clean any pending installations

Check the following registry key and clean any entries in the key that you find:

Go to the Start Orb, type in Regedit and select enter.
If you get the User Account Control dialog box that states, Do you want to allow the following program to make changes to the is computer?, Click yes.

Modifying REGISTRY settings incorrectly can cause serious problems that may prevent your computer from booting properly. Microsoft cannot guarantee that any problems resulting from the configuring of REGISTRY settings can be solved. Modifications of these settings are at your own risk.

Scroll to: HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE \Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Installer\InProgress

Check the following registry key and clean any entries in the key that you find:
HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE \System\CurrentControlSet\Control\Session Manager\PendingFileRenameOperations

Step 4:
Check the permissions
Verify the System has Full Control on the following keys:

HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE \Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Installer

Next, restart your computer and try again.

Please reply back and let us know if this helps with your Windows Installer Error.
Gary
http://www.internetfixes.com

Make a Donation!
http://www.internetfixes.com/main_paypal.htm
online_fixes
Site Admin

Postby mybowlsbag » Thu Aug 04, 2011 11:55 am

Sorry I was looking for furthe entries, but have only just spotted there are two pages.
I have been following advice from HP as it is their computer. I have done scannow. It shows no problems. I have done msiexe /unreg and regserver. They then wanted me to re-install windowes installer v4.5. My computer already has v5.0.7601.17514. So I have gone back to them.
I must take your advice on the Registry items you suggest as I am not all that experienced so would be afraid to carry out those functions.
I think my next resort if HP come up with nothing is to pay for help at home.

Thank you Gary for all your input, I am sorry I could fing my way to your answers straight awy.

A donation will be coming when I get to the end of all this.
mybowlsbag

Postby lorraine » Thu Aug 04, 2011 11:56 pm

There might be a solution for you. Gary and I have been looking and Gary recently told me that he found that the latest version of Windows Installer is available through the .NET framework. It's too late tonight for me to go into it further but maybe tomorrow Gary will post more about this.

Meanwhile, can you please go to the Programs and Features folder to see if you have an entry called Microsoft .NET Framework? (There may be more to the name such as "Microsoft .NET Framework 4 Client Profile", as mine reads). If you see an entry you'll also see an installation date and version number.
lorraine

Postby mybowlsbag » Fri Aug 05, 2011 5:52 am

Right, I have Microsoft.Net Framework 4 Client Profile installed 1/12/2010, Version 4.0.30319.
If I click on this,the options I get are 1. Repair to original state 2. Remove from this computer.
I await your thoughts.
mybowlsbag

Postby lorraine » Fri Aug 05, 2011 1:13 pm

OK, I'll need time to think about what to suggest next. I have spent a lot of time researching this error 1719 and have found most of the discussions related to Windows 7 x64 or Windows Vista but not 32-bit Windows 7. As for repairing the .NET 4, let's wait until Gary has time to weigh in.

Going back to earlier discussions of this problem, I don't believe that you named the camera software that you were trying to install. Can you please state the camera manufacturer and model and describe any other programs (other than Adobe Reader) on the installation disc that may have been included? It might help to know since that's when you said your problems first started.
lorraine

Postby mybowlsbag » Sun Aug 07, 2011 6:27 am

Hi there, It's Olmpus Master SP-700. It doesn't have windows 7 on it as the camera ia few years old. ther appears to be no other software on it. With regard to Adobe this was a prompt from them to update.
Thanks
mybowlsbag

PreviousNext

Return to Windows 7 Questions.