HiI got a big problemi dont care if i loose my information

Ask any and all of your Windows 7 questions here.

Sponsor

Sponsor

Postby online_fixes » Sat Aug 14, 2010 12:45 pm

HiI got a big problemi dont care if i loose my information when i start the pc i get a message which is operating system not found.i insert the windows 7 cd then instal windows 7 and it tells me where and no hard drive is found? meaning i got no hard disk? it wont show me where to install it. i bought it and it was that way im about to take it back but im in a different country and trying to fix it by myselfany help thanks

Hello Divyesh

You are going to have to access the bios and see if your harddrive is still listed. Depending on your computer make this can be the F1, F8 or the F11 key pushed when you are booting the PC.

If you cannot get into the bios leave a comment below with your Make and Model number of the PC.

I am including directions on doing a repair install if you can access the harddrive again.

======================

How to Do a Repair Install to Fix Windows 7.
Even though you are not supposed to loose anything I still recommend backing up all important files including Email, Favorites, Videos, Music, etc. The only way you could do this is to Repair Install to Fix Windows 7.

Here are steps you need to follow to Repair install Windows 7:

1. Start the Windows 7 and log on to administrator account

2. Disable the 3rd party antivirus, firewall or any such security program. These may interfere with the repair upgrade installation of Windows 7.

3. Load the Windows 7 installation DVD into the DVD drive. Now click on the Run Setup.exe option in the Autoplay window from within the currently installed Windows 7.

4. Next click on the Install Now button to start the installation

5. Uncheck the I want to help make Windows installation better box. Following this click on the Go online to get the latest updates for installation option.

6. Windows 7 will search online to install any available installation updates.

7. Look for the I accept the license terms box and check it. Then click on Next.

8. Follow it by clicking on the Upgrade option. Now the installation of Windows 7 will begin.

9. After the final restart a blank screen appears

10. Type in your Windows 7 product key number

11. First uncheck the Automatically activate Windows when I'm online box at the bottom. After this click on the Next button.

12. Now click on the Use recommended settings.

13. Choose your Time Zone. Set the time and date setting and click on the Next button.

14. Click on the option for your computer's location to select the correct network location type setting that has to be applied for the location.

15. Now Windows 7 prepares your desktop to startup

16. It's not over yet. Now, ensure that you are not missing any user files.

17. In case some users files are missing copy them from the hidden protected operating system - C:\$INPLACE.~TR and C:\WINDOWS.~Q folders. In some cases the System Files are hidden. Click Here for instructions on un-hiding the files you need.

18. Run the Disk Cleanup. For this click on the Clean up system file button. After this check the Files discarded by Windows upgrade box.

19. Refresh the Windows Experience Index (WEI) score.

Finally you are done with the repair work. Activate the Windows 7.

Warning:

A: You can only do a repair install from within Windows 7, you cannot do a repair install at boot or in Safe Mode.

B: You must be logged into Windows 7 in a administrator account to be able to do a repair install.

C: You will not be able to do a repair upgrade install in Safe Mode.

D: The Windows 7 installation DVD that you use to do the repair install with must be the same or newer updated version of Windows 7 (ex: Windows Updates or SP level) than the currently installed Windows 7. If the DVD is a older version, then you cannot do a repair install with it.

E: You must have at least 8.87 GB of free space, more if you have a larger installation, on the hard drive/partition Windows 7 is installed on to do a repair install.

=================================

Comment of Lorraine:

Hi Divyesh,

I am guessing that you may have taken your computer with you on your travels . If you cannot see your hard drive listed in the BIOS you should open it up to check all of the connections to your drive--both the SATA cable and the power. It might be just a matter of something that loosened during the move. That used to happen to my daughter's computer in college 10 years ago during summer storage.
Gary
http://www.internetfixes.com

Make a Donation!
http://www.internetfixes.com/main_paypal.htm
online_fixes
Site Admin

Sponsor

Sponsor

Return to Windows 7 Questions.