POP UP INTERNET ADS

Ask any and all of your Vista questions here.

POP UP INTERNET ADS

Sponsor

Sponsor

POP UP INTERNET ADS

Postby goddard54 » Sun Dec 12, 2010 2:37 pm

Can someone help a vet? I have these pop up ads constantley popping up 24/7 on my computer. Its an e Machine. I have down loaded several cleaners and virus de-buggers to no avail. The worst offender is a web site called EPIC VIDEO ARCADE. They come up about every 5 miutes as soon as I start working on computer. Also, their sound from that site never stops. It is annoying as hell. I'm not the smartest joker but not stupid either. However, I throw in the towel on this and ask for any help I can get.
Much appreciated, Lt P.
goddard54

POP UP INTERNET ADS

Sponsor

Sponsor

Re: POP UP INTERNET ADS

Postby gcham05 » Sun Dec 12, 2010 5:00 pm

Hello

Go to the following link and download the Free Version of the Comodo Antivirus software and run it

http://www.comodo.com/home/internet-sec ... ivirus.php
Please respond and let us know the status of the issue.
Gary - InternetFixes Support.
gcham05

Postby lorraine » Sun Dec 12, 2010 10:38 pm

Here is another site that will help you if Comodo doesn't get it all:
http://forums.majorgeeks.com/showthread.php?t=35407

I have used that site's advice several times to help friends with very stubborn malware infections (sometimes numbering to over 1,000 registry entries). It's very lengthy and involved and requires careful following of all the steps but it has never failed me so far when I've used it. Before you start I suggest backing up all of your critical data if you can (perhaps doing so in Safe Mode). Good luck!
lorraine

Postby goddard54 » Sun Dec 12, 2010 10:41 pm

Downloaded site. Completely froze up computer. Had to disconnect plug from tower to get computer to shut off. Meanwhile, pop ups continue. Also, Am now being redirected to a different web site instead of the one I clicked on. Its the damnest thing I have ever seen. Am isolated so no human help. Among the 6 downloads I have tried are Stopzila. Spy Bot, Uniblue, My Clean PC, and Comodo. All have failed. Had two pop ups while I was typing this. Thanks for trying anyway. I appreciate your trying to help.
Regards,
Lt Parson
goddard54

Postby lorraine » Sun Dec 12, 2010 11:11 pm

Don't give up yet. This is a tool that I used once to get me to the point that I could run other tools. It didn't get everything on its own but helped a great deal:
http://live.sunbeltsoftware.com/
In my case, I had another computer for the download, printed the instructions and then used the command line method on the infected computer. My frined's computer had Vista Home Premium SP2 and the command line scan took over an hour and was able to quarantine some of the over 1500 malware entries in the registry. Since I needed more help and am a paid Vipre subscriber I asked why Virpe PC Rescue didn't get everything and what else I could do for my friend. Sunbelt tech support suggested Malwarebytes, (MBAM) which parters with Sunbelt and offers a free download. You can see the link on this page in step 2: http://vipre.malwarebytes.org/ MBAM is also an suggested tool on the MajorGeeks link that I included in my last reply.

So, if you can, download Vipre Rescue and MBAM on another computer, print all pertinent instructions and try again on your computer. The I would try all of the MajorGeeks site utilities to be sure that the malware is gone. I have yet to find malware that will resist these tools even though it tries.

If you wish, I can check with Sunbelt (now part of GFI) to see if they provide free support for their free Vipre Rescue. I can also copy and paste their tech support advice that they gave me in another reply if you need it.

Finally, I should ask which antivirus program you had installed before you got the malware infection? If it is something that you paid for the company may be able to help you if you call them. Hang in there!
lorraine

Return to Vista Questions.