Migrate From Windows XP Before Microsoft Pulls the Plug.

Ask any and all of your Windows XP questions here.

Sponsor

Sponsor

Postby online_fixes » Wed Apr 02, 2014 10:18 am

While Windows 7 is not the most recent version of Microsoft's operating system, in my humble opinion it is one of the most secure and it is well supported by IT administrators. (Windows 8 does not include Windows XP Mode.)

No matter what the reasons are for staying with Windows XP, its users will be significantly less secure beginning April 9/2014. Vulnerabilities will be forever left unpatched, and attackers are expected to take full advantage of them.

Change is hard, both in terms of moving information and in learning a whole new OS. But if security is important to a company and it should be changing to a more recent and more secure OS is the only option.
online_fixes
Site Admin

Sponsor

Sponsor

Re: Migrate From Windows XP Before Microsoft Pulls the Plug.

Postby lorraine » Tue May 13, 2014 9:33 pm

The security reasons alone should be enough to convince people to make the change but people may also be won over when they realize that a new computer will also offer considerably better performance.

For those people who may not be comfortable with the Modern User Interface of Windows 8.1 Update, Windows 7 is still available. I had two friends get new computers recently. The one who got Windows 7 is happily using her computer after I helped her set it up. She said that it was a breeze to move from XP to 7. The one who got Windows 8.1 is still trying to learn how to use it and is not as happy but she appreciates the better security and performance of her new computer.
lorraine

Return to Windows XP Home and Pro Questions.