Create a chart in Excel 2000
- Select the data you want to plot
[in columns, preferably]. Include their titles [ie: heat, flow rate] if you
want them to show up in the legend.
- Make sure your columns from Left
to Right are your X and Y coordinates, respectively.
- INSERT>chart or click on
- Choose a chart type. Usually X-Y
Scatter. Then choose a specific type of ie: X-Y Scatter.
- Select radio button for data in
rows or columns, whichever corresponds to yours [usually columns].
- TITLES tab: give your chart a
title, X-axis label, Y-axis label.
- GRIDLINES tab: varies the
gridlines on your chart.
- LEGEND tab: lets you not show
the legend, or change its position on the graph.
- DATA LABELS tab: lets you label
the data points [with %values, etc.].
- Select where you want this graph
to go: on it's own sheet or embedded in the spreadsheet