Create a new rule
Setting up rules can save you a lot
of time. If you receive messages from your boss that contains the word Memo, it
will automatically move that message to the folder you have specified. Here's
how to set it up:
- Click Tools, Rules Wizard.
- Click New. The
Rules Wizard will walk you through creating your rule. The first screen asks
which type of rule you want.
- Choose Check Messages When They
Arrive and click Next.
- On the next screen, scroll down
and select the From People Or Distribution List check box.
- In the Rule Description box,
click on the highlighted text and choose which people Outlook should look
for (in this case, your boss).
- Now, select the check box With
Specific Words In The Subject Or Body, and again, click on the highlighted
text in the Rule Description box.
- Type in the name of the project,
i.e. "Memo" Click Next.
- The next dialog box asks what
you want to do with the messages.
- Click Move To The Specified
Folder and choose the folder by clicking on the highlighted text in the Rule
Description box. Click Next.
- Finally, you'll need to name
your new rule. Choose a name, then click Finish.