Here Is How To Stop Word From
Helping You Type?
There are several places to look to
turn off Word's various automatic features:
- Choose AutoCorrect from the
Tools menu, then click on the AutoCorrect tab.
- Clear the check boxes for the
AutoCorrect items that you want to disable.
- Do the same for the AutoFormat
As You Type tab.
- On the AutoText tab, clear the
Show AutoComplete tip check box.
- Choose Options from the Tools
menu, then click on the tabs and clear any check boxes for features that you
want to disable. For example:
· Edit tab (Tabs and backspace set
· Spelling & Grammar tab
(Check spelling as you type and Check grammar as you type). When these features
are on, spelling and grammar that Word does not recognize are underlined with
wavy red and green lines.