Autohide the Windows 2000 Task Bar
- Right-click an open area of the
Task Bar (the gray bar along the bottom of the screen which shows the icons
of the applications currently running, if any).
- Choose Properties from the
little menu that pops up.
- In the "Taskbar & Start
Menu Properties" box that appears, verify that the "General"
tab is selected.
- Place a check mark (click) in
the box next to the words "Auto hide."
- Click OK to finish the process.
The Task Bar should now sink below the screen.
- To view or use the Task Bar,
move the mouse to the bottom edge of the screen, and it will reappear.
- If you decide you don't like
this behavior, follow these steps again, except uncheck the box in Step 4.