Capture Screen Output to a Text
Tip Submitted By Unknown User" I
have set it up and tried it and it works well.
- Type in the command that you
want to use, as normal, but don't press "Return." For instance,
type "dir /s" which will list all of the files in all of the
- Type a space after the
- Type a Greater Than symbol
- Type another space.
- Type a filename. For instance
c:output.txt. Using our example above, you would now have "dir /s >
c:output.txt" without the quotes, of course.
- Press "Return" or
- Open any text editor, such as
Notepad. For instance, to open Notepad, click Start, Run, and type "notepad.exe"
without the quotes, then click OK.
- Open the file c:output.txt. For
example, in notepad click "file" then "open" then type
in the filename.
- There is your output! You can
now view it, print it, or do whatever your want with it!