Change Your Windows 2000 Desktop
- Minimize all applications so
that you have a clear view of your desktop.
- Right-click an open area of the
desktop - make sure you don't right-click an icon such as My Computer by
- From the small menu that
appears, click (left mouse button) on "Properties." A
"Display Properties" window will appear, make sure the
"Background" tab is displayed (this is the default)
- Click on the name of a picture
or in the lower part of the window to preview it in the miniature monitor
shown in the upper part of the window.
- To select the picture being
previewed as your Wallpaper, click the "Apply" button in the lower
right corner of the window.
- If you are satisfied with your
selection, click "OK" to finish.
- To remove wallpaper, follow the
steps above, but choose "None" (the first selection) as your