Create a New Briefcase
- Right-click an open area of the
desktop, or in a folder where you want to create the new briefcase.
- From the "New."
submenu that appears, choose Briefcase.
- A new briefcase will appear
called "New Briefcase."
- Right-click the new briefcase,
and choose rename to give it a more meaningful name, such as "Gary's
- Double-click the briefcase to
- Read the instructional message
(if you wish), and click Finish to view the empty contents of the
- From another Explorer window,
drag the files or folders that you want to keep synchronized from the other
computer to the briefcase.
- Now when you modify the files
either on the original computer or in the briefcase, all you have to do is
click Synchronize from the Tools menu, and the briefcase will automatically
copy over the changed files.