Show Your Favorites in the
Windows 2000 Start Menu
- Right-click an open area of the
Task Bar (the gray bar along the bottom of the screen which shows the icons
of the applications currently running, if any).
- Choose Properties from the
little menu that pops up.
- In the "Taskbar & Start
Menu Properties" box that appears, click the "Advanced"
- Look for the Start Menu Settings
area in the lower part of the window.
- Place a check mark (click) next
to "Display Favorites" to enable the Favorites folder in your
Start Menu, OR:
- Remove the check mark next to
"Display Favorites" to remove the Favorites folder from your Start
- Click OK to finish the process.
Your screen may flicker as the change takes place.
- Click the Start Button to bring
up the Start Menu to see the effect of your efforts (Favorites should be one
of the options along with "Settings," and "Programs" if
you enabled it, or missing if you disabled it).