Update Your Windows 2000
Installation Files With a Service Pack
- Copy the original installation
files from the i386 directory to a directory named i386 on a hard drive (or
writeable CD accessible through a drive letter).
- Locate the service pack file
"Update.exe" in the i386\update folder.
- Open a command prompt, or click
Start, then Run.
- Run the update.exe file followed
by a "/s" without the quotes, followed by the path to the i386
folder that you created.
- For instance, if I copied the
Windows 2000 i386 directory from the original CD to my c:\update drive, I
would use this command: D:\I386\UPDATE\UPDATE.EXE /s:C:\update
- The installation program will
display the progress of the update, and will exit when completed.
More Windows 2000 Tips and Tricks!!