Keep your system clean
- Check your hard disk for errors,
clean out the cache from your browser, remove temporary files and defragment
your hard drive on a regular basis.
- The Windows Maintenance Wizard
is a Windows Me utility that can perform all of these functions at scheduled
- To schedule maintenance:
- Go to Start> Programs>
Accessories> System Tools> Maintenance Wizard.
- Choose Express, and follow the
prompts to set the time and frequency.
- Click OK, and watch as the Task
Scheduler icon appears in the Taskbar's system tray.
- Remember to leave your computer
running at the scheduled time, and the system will do the rest.
- Note: Once you've entered your
options, you can run the Maintenance Wizard at any time by going to:
- Start> Programs>
Accessories> System Tools> Maintenance Wizard and selecting
"Perform Maintenance Now".