Speed up your reboots in Windows ME
If you think that Windows ME is
taking much to long to reboot. You can remove the 2 second delay in the startup
sequence. Here's how:
- Under the Start button, select
Search> For Files and Folders.
- Enter msdos.sys in the
"Named" box and C: in the "Look In" box, then click
- When the file appears,
right-click it and select Properties from the resulting menu.
- Click to remove the check marks
from the "Read Only" and "Hidden" attributes, then click
- Right-click msdos.sys, select
"Open with" from the resulting menu, choose Notepad as the opening
program, and then click OK.
- Under "Options", enter
BootDelay=0 or BootDelay=1 on its own line. (This represents delays of zero
and one second, both of which are faster than the default.)
- Close Notepad saving your
- Return msdos.sys to its original
("Read Only" and "Hidden") state.
- Quit and restart Windows.
- Note: Make sure that you have
backed up your system files prior to making any changes to it