Copy Files And
Folders To A CD With Windows XP Pro Is Pretty Simple!
To copy files and folders to a CD:
1. Insert a blank writable CD into the CD recorder.
2. Double-click My Computer, and then click the files or folders that you want
to copy to the CD. To select more than one file, hold down the CTRL key while
you click the files you want.
3. Click any of the following options:
- Copy this file
- Copy this folder
- Copy the selected items
4. In the Copy Items dialog box, click the CD recording drive, and then click
5. In My Computer, double-click the CD recording drive.
Windows displays a temporary area where the files are held before they are
copied to the CD. Check that the files and folders that you intend to copy to
the CD are displayed under Files Ready to Be Written to the CD.
6. Under CD Writing Tasks, click Write to CD.
7. After the CD Writing Wizard starts, follow the instructions in the wizard.
8. When the process is finished, the wizard displays a check box for you to
choose to create another CD like the one you just made. If you want to create
multiple copies of the same CD, click Yes, write these files to another CD and
insert another blank, writable CD into the CD recorder. Follow the instructions
in the wizard.
NOTE: After you copy files or folders to the CD, it is useful to view the CD to
confirm that the files are copied.
Let me know if you need anything else.
Did this Article Give you the
Information You Were Looking For?
If you found this information useful,