To Remove Unused
Desktop Icons In Windows XP!
1. Open Display in Control Panel.
2. On the Desktop tab, click Customize Desktop.
3. Under Desktop cleanup, click Clean Desktop Now.
4. Follow the directions in the Desktop Cleanup Wizard.
- To open Display, click Start, point to Settings, click Control Panel, and then
- The Desktop Cleanup Wizard displays a list of the desktop icons that have not
been used for 60 days or more, enabling you to remove those icons that you don't
want on your desktop. You can retrieve icons you have removed by opening the
Unused Desktop Shortcuts folder on your desktop.
- Clear the Run Desktop Cleanup Wizard every 60 days check box if you don't want
the wizard to run automatically every two months.
- You can remove an individual desktop icon by right-clicking the icon and then
- To add or remove the icons for My Documents, My Computer, My Network Places,
or Internet Explorer, select or clear those items under Desktop icons.
Let me know if you need anything else.
Did this Article Give you the
Information You Were Looking For?
If you found this information useful,