To Assign A Drive
Letter To A Network Computer Or Folder!
1. Open My Computer.
2. On the Tools menu, click Map Network Drive.
3. In Drive, select a drive letter.
4. In Folder, type the server and share name of the computer or folder you want.
Click Browse to find the computer or folder.
- To open My Computer, double-click the My Computer icon on the desktop.
- To reconnect to the mapped drive every time you log on, select the Reconnect
at logon check box.
- Mapped drives are available only when the host computer is available.
- Network drives are assigned letters from Z to A, and local drives (your hard
drive and removable storage devices) are assigned letters from A to Z.
- You can assign a computer or shared folder to a different drive letter by
disconnecting from the drive and then reassigning it to a new drive letter.
Let me know if you need anything else.
Did this Article Give you the
Information You Were Looking For?
If you found this information useful,