Compatibility Properties Manually In Windows XP!
As an alternative to running the Program Compatibility Wizard, you can set the
compatibility properties for a program manually. The settings are the same as
the options in the Program Compatibility Wizard.
To set the compatibility properties for a program manually.
1. Right-click the program icon on your desktop or the shortcut on the Start
menu for the program you want to run, and then click Properties.
2. Click the Compatibility tab, and change the compatibility settings for your
- The Compatibility tab is only available for programs installed on your hard
drive. Although you can run the Program Compatibility Wizard on programs or
setup files on a CD-ROM or floppy disk, your changes will not remain in effect
after you close the program.
Update your program or drivers
If your program does not run correctly after testing it with the Program
Compatibility Wizard, check the Web for updates or other fixes, as follows:
- Check the Web site of the program's manufacturer to see if an update or patch
- Check Windows Update to see if a fix is available for the program. Click Home
on the menu bar of Help and Support Center, then click Windows Update in the
- If the program is a game that uses DirectX, ensure that you are using the
latest version of DirectX. In addition, check the Web site of the manufacturer
of your video card or sound card to see if newer drivers are available for
either of them.
Let me know if you need anything else.
Did this Article Give you the
Information You Were Looking For?
If you found this information useful,