Network Your Printer In Windows XP.
To share the printer.
1. Click Start, Settings, Control Panel, and Printers and Other Hardware.
2. Open the Printers and Faxes folder. You should see every printer installed on the PC.
3. Select the printer you want to share.
4. Click Printer Tasks in the left window.
5. Choose Share this Printer.
6. Give your printer a unique name, preferably something easy to remember.
7. Click OK.
Now you need to add the printer to other machines that will use the printer.
1. Navigate to the Printer folder.
2. Click Add a New Printer.
3. Select Network Printer instead of Local Printer.
4. Locate the correct printer on the network.
5. Click OK.
6. Run a Windows printer test to make sure everything works.
You now have access to the networked printer on the Windows XP machine. Remember, the Windows XP machine must remain on at all times in order to use the printer from another computer.
Did this Article Give you the Information You Were Looking For?