Change The Text Of Internet Explorer's Title Bar!
The title bar of Internet Explorer displays the text "Microsoft Internet
Explorer," along with the title of the page you're visiting. If you're tired of
constantly being assaulted with images and words from Big Red up in Redmond, you
can change that text to anything that you want - including "My Other Computer
1. From a command line or from the Run line, run regedit. This opens the
2. Select the folder HKEY_CURRENT_USER and follow the folder path
3. Add a new String Value named Window Title. In the Value field type in the
text you want to appear and then hit OK.
4. Close Internet Explorer if it's open, and restart it. The title bar will now
have your new text.
5. If you want your title bar to have no text in it aside from the title of the
page you're currently visiting, create the Window Title string value, but leave
the Value field empty.
Caution: Using the Registry Editor Incorrectly can cause
Data Loss or even Operating System Failure. Be careful when directly editing the
Let me know if you need anything else.
Did this Article Give you the
Information You Were Looking For?
If you found this information useful,