Connection Sharing On A Network Connection!
You must be logged on as an administrator or a member of the Administrators
group in order to complete this procedure. If your computer is connected to a
network, network policy settings might also prevent you from completing this
To set up Internet Connection Sharing, run the Network Setup Wizard.
- Do not use Internet Connection Sharing (ICS) in a network with other domain
controllers, DNS servers, gateways, DHCP servers, or systems configured for
- When you enable ICS, the network adapter connected to your home or small
office network gets a new static IP address configuration. Existing TCP/IP
connections on the computer running ICS are lost and must be reestablished. For
example, if Internet Explorer is connecting to a Web site when ICS is enabled,
you must refresh the browser to reestablish the connection.
- To use ICS, users on your home or small office network should configure TCP/IP
on their local area connection to obtain an IP address automatically. Home or
small office network users must also configure Internet options for ICS.
- To start the Network Setup Wizard, click Start, point to Settings, click
Control Panel, and then double-click Network Setup Wizard.
- Internet Connection Sharing is only available when two or more network
adapters are installed on the computer.
Let me know if you need anything else.
Did this Article Give you the
Information You Were Looking For?