To Activate The
Mouse Wheel In Windows XP!
You must be logged on as an administrator or a member of the Administrators
group in order to complete this procedure. If your computer is connected to a
network, network policy settings might also prevent you from completing this
1. Open The Device Manager.
2. Double-click Mice and other pointing devices, and then double-click the name
of the mouse you want to configure.
3. On the Advanced Settings tab, in Wheel Detection, click Look for wheel.
- To open Device Manager, click Start, point to Settings, and then click Control
Panel. Double-click System. On the Hardware tab, click Device Manager.
- If Look for wheel is selected and the mouse wheel is not working, click Assume
wheel is present.
- A mouse wheel may work differently from program to program. For example, in a
word processing program, you can rotate the wheel to move up or down the page,
equivalent to using the PAGE UP or PAGE DOWN keys on your keyboard, or to
clicking above or below the scroll bar.
- If your
mouse does not have a mouse wheel, the Advanced Options tab may not
Let me know if you need anything else.
Did this Article Give you the
Information You Were Looking For?