System Restore In Windows XP Pro!
If you've previously disabled system restore through the Group Policy Editor,
the option to start it again does not show in the System Properties. You can
re-enable it again.
1. Start the Group Policy Editor (gpedit.msc)
2. Navigate to Computer Configuration/Administrative Templates/System/System
3. Set Turn off System Restore and Turn off Configuration to Disable
4. Right click on My Computer and Select Manage
5. Navigate to Services and Applications/Services
6. Navigate to System Restore Service and double click
7. On the General tab set [Startup Type] to Automatic using the drop down list
8. Click the Start button to start the service
9. Close the Computer Management console
10. Return to System Restore in Group Policy Editor and configure both to Not
11. Close Group Policy Editor and reboot the system.
After the reboot is complete, right click My Computer, select Properties and the
tab for System Restore will have been restored. Configure it to your individual
needs and satisfaction.
Let me know if you need anything else.
Did this Article Give you the
Information You Were Looking For?