Internet Explorer Favorites!
To restore for current user:
1. Insert the disk containing your Internet Explorer favorites into the
2. Open Internet Explorer.
3. Go to File > Import and Export...
4. The Import/Export Wizard will open up.
5. Click Next.
6. Under left half of the window 'Choose an action to perform', select Import
7. Click Next.
8. You will be asked for the source of the importing favorites. Select Import
from a File or Address.
9. Click Browse...
10. A Select a Bookmark File window will open. In the pull-down menu next to
Save in, select the appropriate drive.
11. Select the file that contains your saved favorites.
12. Click Save.
13. Click Next.
14. You will be asked for the favorites destination folder to import into.
15. Click Next.
16. Click Finish.
17. You will be told that it was successfully exported.
18. Click Ok.
19. Your imported favorites will now appear under IE's favorites menu.
To Restore Multiple Users' Favorites:
Note: You will need administrator access.
1. Insert the disk containing your Internet Explorer favorites into the appropriate
2. Double-click on My Computer icon.
3. Double-click on the icon for your Zip disk or CD to view the contents of your
4. In the My Computer window, double-click the C: icon.
5. Double-click on Documents and Settings.
6. Double-click a user folder.
7. Drag the Favorites folder from your back-up disk into the user folder.
8. You will be asked if you want to replace this folder. Click Yes to All.
9. Repeat for each user.
Let me know if you need anything else.
Did this Article Give you the
Information You Were Looking For?