Address Book To A File In Outlook Express!
NOTE: This step is very important when multiple Identities are in use. A .WAB
(Windows Address Book) file is used by Outlook Express 5.x and 6.0 versions,
even if multiple Identities are used. The individual data for each Identity is
stored in a folder, by user name, within the .WAB file in use.
Exporting this data, while logged in to a specific Identity, is the only means
of segregating the Address Book data. If the .WAB file becomes dissociated from
the user Identities, the data can only be exported in total - not folder by
Another reason to export the .WAB file to a .csv file is that if the .WAB file
is shared with Microsoft Outlook, the addresses are stored in the *.pst file in
Outlook. When you export the file from the Outlook Express File menu to a *.csv
file it exports the correct contacts. If the Address Book is shared with
Microsoft Outlook, you are not able to export from within the Address Book on
the File menu. This option is dimmed or not available.
To export your Outlook Express address book:
1. On the File menu, click Export, and then click Address Book.
2. Click Text File (Comma Separated Values), and then click Export.
3. Click Browse.
4. Locate the Mail Backup folder that you created.
5. In the File Name box, type address book backup, and then click Save.
6. Click Next.
7. Click to select the check boxes for the fields that you want to export, and
then click Finish.
8. Click OK and then click Close.
Let me know if you need anything else.
Did this Article Give you the
Information You Were Looking For?