Using IP Security
Policy Management In Windows XP Pro!
You might need to be logged on as an administrator or a member of the
Administrators group in order to perform some tasks.
Internet Protocol security (IPSec) is a key line of defense against internal,
private network, and external security attacks. IPSec uses cryptographic
security services to provide data integrity, data authentication, data
confidentiality, and replay protection for TCP/IP traffic. IPSec behavior is
controlled using an IPSec policy that you configure and assign using the IP
Security Policy Management snap-in.
To install an IP Security Policy Management snap-in:
1. Click Start, and then click Run.
2. In the Open box, type mmc, and then click OK.
3. On the File menu, click Add/Remove Snap-in.
4. Click Add, and then double-click IP Security Policy Management.
5. Follow the instructions on your screen.
Let me know if you need anything else.
Did this Article Give you the
Information You Were Looking For?