To Start The
Computer Using The Last Known Good Configuration!
1. Print these instructions before continuing. They will not be available after
you shut down your computer in step 2.
2. Click Start, click Shut Down, and then, in the drop-down list, click Shut
3. In the Shut Down Windows dialog box, click Restart, and then click OK.
4. When you see the message Please select the operating system to start, press
5. Use the arrow keys to highlight Last Known Good Configuration, and then press
6. If you have a dual-boot or multiple-boot system, choose the installation that
you need to access using the arrow keys, and then press ENTER.
- Choosing Last Known Good Configuration provides a way to recover from problems
such as a newly added driver that may be incorrect for your hardware. It does
not solve problems caused by corrupted or missing drivers or files.
- When you choose Last Known Good Configuration, only the information in
registry key HKLM\System\CurrentControlSet is restored. Any changes you have
made in other registry keys remain.
- NUM LOCK must be off before the arrow keys on the numeric keypad will
Let me know if you need anything else.
Did this Article Give you the
Information You Were Looking For?