More On System
Restore! Part Three!
To Allocate More Disk Space For Archiving Restore Points!
1. Open System Properties.
2. Select a drive from the Available drives box by clicking it, and then click
Settings. If you have only one drive or partition, it is selected for you.
3. In the Drive <drive:>settings box, move the Disk space to use slider to
change the disk space allocation for System Restore. Note that you cannot exceed
12 percent of the available disk space.
- To open System Properties, click Start, point to Settings, click Control
Panel, and then double-click System. In the System Properties dialog box, click
the System Restore tab.
- System Restore requires at least 200 MB of available space on the hard disk
(or the partition that contains your operating system folder). For best
performance and protection, you should allocate more space.
- By default, when the operating system installs System Restore on your
computer, it allocates approximately 12 percent of the available disk space to
System Restore to archive restore points.
Did this Article Give you the
Information You Were Looking For?