Stop Internet Explorer’s Annoying Clicking Sound.
This is one of those things which I cannot believe I tolerated in the past - The
annoying clicking sounds IE makes every single time you click on a link.
Here’s how you turn it off.
1. From the “Start” pop-up menu on your desktop, select your computer’s “Control
2. From this list, pick “Sounds and Audio Devices” (for Windows XP) or “Sounds
and Multimedia Properties” (for Windows 2000).
3. From the tabs across the top, pick “Sounds.”
4. Scroll down and you’ll find a category called “Windows Explorer.” The last
item under this heading is “Start Navigation.” Click this to highlight it.
5. In the box just below this, called “Sounds,” open the pop-up menu and scroll
to the top to choose (None).
6. Click the “OK” button to close the dialog window - and you’re done!
Did this Article Give you the
Information You Were Looking For?