Don't Show Information Bar For Blocked Files And
Downloads In IE 6.
SUMMARY: Don't have Internet Explorer 6 in Windows XP
Service Pack 2 warn you about blocked files and downloads.
Internet Explorer 6 information bar appears whenever it blocks a
file or download. This informs you of the blocked file, plus it allows you to
unblock the particular file or download. If you do not want this information to
1. From Internet Explorer 6, click "Tools".
2. Select "Options".
3. When the multi-tabbed "Internet Options" dialog box appears, select the
4. Click on the "Internet" zone, or other zone as appropriate if you have set
them up for certain sites.
5. Click "Custom Level".
6. Under "Automatic prompting for ActiveX controls" select "Disable".
7. Under "Automatic prompting for file downloads" select "Disable".
8. Click "OK" on the two dialog boxes to close.
Did this Article Give you the
Information You Were Looking For?