3rd Party Add-Ons In IE 6.
SUMMARY: View details and disable 3rd party add-on
toolbars, ActiveX controls, and more in
Internet Explorer 6 with Windows XP
Service Pack 2.
Depending on your Internet use, you may have several 3rd party add-on software
packages configured for use with the Internet Explorer browser. These may
include legitimate add-ons such as toolbars, software installers, ActiveX
controls to view certain multimedia files, and more. However, some add-ons may
spyware, tracking your views, showing pop-up advertisements, or adding search
bars to services you do not want. Thus, Internet Explorer 6 now has an option to
manage your add-ons, allowing you to disable those you deem inappropriate.
1. From Internet Explorer 6, click "Tools".
2. Select "Manage Add-ons".
3. A "Manage Add-ons" dialog box will appear. You can click the "Show" pull-down
to only show add-ons currently loaded in
Internet Explorer, or all add-ons used
by Internet Explorer.
4. A list will show each add-on's name, publisher, status, type, and file
related to the add-on.
5. To disable an add-on, select the add-on then click the "Disable" radio
6. To re-enable an add-on, select the add-on then click the "Enable" radio
7. To see if an update to an ActiveX add-on is available, click an add-on then
click the "Update ActiveX" button.
8. Click "OK" when done.
If you are unsure whether or not to disable an add-on as you may be unsure
whether it is legitimate or possibly spyware, you may wish to search the
Internet for more information.
Did this Article Give you the
Information You Were Looking For?