Remove The NTFS File System
If your hard drive is formatted in NTFS and you need to reformat the drive to use either FAT or FAT32 all you need to do is insert your Windows XP CD into your CD-ROM, reboot your system and follow the instructions below:
1. After restarting your PC the Windows Setup will begin
2. At the Welcome to Setup screen press F10
3. Pressing F10 opens the Recovery Console. This is a DOS based screen so you need to first specify the operating system location, i.e. C: Drive and then log in as using your Administrator Password.
4. After logging in type map and then press Enter
5. Highlight the drive you want to reformat. Drive letters may differ in recovery console to those in Windows XP
6. Type format x: /fs:fat32 Substitute the 'x' for the drive letter you wish to reformat and then press Enter.
7. Confirm your choice by typing Y and then pressing Enter
8. Once the hard drive has finished formatting type Exit and then press Enter to restart your computer.
Did this Article Give you the Information You Were Looking For?