Turn Off Auto Play For Program CDs In XP.
If you are using Windows XP Home Edition GPEdit will not be available. Therefore, the easiest way to disable the CD auto play feature is by using TweakUI - a Microsoft Powertoy. TweakUI can be downloaded from http://www.microsoft.com/windowsxp/downloads/powertoys/xppowertoys.mspx Once you have downloaded and installed TweakUI take a look at the Second Method, below, for instructions on how to disable the autoplay feature.
1. Click the Start button
2. Next click Run
3. In the Run dialog box type: GPEDIT.MSC
4. In the Group Policies window click on the plus sign to expand Computer Configuration options
5. Next click on the plus sign next to Administrative templates. Finally click the System option
6. Now click on Turn off autoplay
7. Click Properties to open the autoplay properties window
8. Click on the Enabled option to stop your program cd's from autoplaying
9. Finally click Apply followed by OK to exit
1. Run TweakUI
2. In the left pane menu click the + sign next to My Computer
3. Next click the + sign next to the AutoPlay option
4. Click on the Types option
5. Remove the 'tick' mark from the box next to the 'Enable autoplay for CD and DVD drives'
6. Click OK
7. Click OK again to Exit TweakUI
Did this Article Give you the Information You Were Looking For?