Add A Program Or Port To The Windows Firewall.
The Windows Firewall is, to say the least, pretty basic. However it is rather more configurable than the XP's original Internet Connection Firewall. If you are unable to access a particular web site it may be that the firewall is blocking incoming traffic from that site. In this case you need to use the exceptions facility in Windows Firewall to correct the problem.
To Add A Program.
1. Click Start Button
2. Next Click on the Control Panel Option
3. In Control Panel click the Windows Firewall icon
4. Once the Windows Firewall Window opens click the Exceptions tab
5. To Add a Program click the Add Program Button
6. The Add a program window will open
7. Either select the program you wish to add from the list provided or click the Browse button to locate the program
8. Once the program has been selected click Ok to add it to the exceptions list.
To Add A Port.
1. Follow instructions 1 through 4 above (Add A Program section)
2. Click the Add Port button
3. The Add Port dialog window will appear
4. In the Dialog box first type a name to remind you of the ports purpose
5. Next type the number of the port you wish to use in the Port Number box
6. The following will give you some idea of the relevant ports. Alternatively check the documentation that came will the software/hardware you are using
8. Now Click OK to add the port to the exceptions list
9. Finally Exit the Firewall options
Did this Article Give you the Information You Were Looking For?