Performance Hiding In The Shadows Of XP.
Windows XP comes with a selection of window animations and shadows. This is a nice inclusion if you are using a fairly recent computer, but if you are running an older machine then you are probably trying to get every last drop of performance that you can. You can customize these visual extras to your liking.
1. Go to the Start menu and open the Control Panel.
2. Double-click the System icon. If you're in category view, select Performance and Maintenance and then select System.
3. Select the Advanced tab.
4. Click the Settings button under Performance.
5. Four options are available to choose from:
-Let Windows choose what's best for my computer.
-Adjust for best appearance.
-Adjust for best performance.
6. Select the setting that you would like and click OK.
For those of you with older machines, turning off some of these visual effects will help your performance.
Did this Article Give you the Information You Were Looking For?