Internet Fixes Question Of The Week!
57 Vista Run Commands
Q. How Can I Stop Microsoft
Internet Explorer (IE) from opening documents in the IE window instead of
using the document's regular application?
A. If you're using IE and follow a link to a Microsoft Word document, for
example, IE will open the document within the IE window. If you prefer to start
a separate Word instance and load the document in that instance, you need to
OS-level change. To do so, perform these steps:
1. Start Windows Explorer (Start, Run, Explorer).
2. From the Tools menu, select Folder Options.
3. Select the
File Types tab.
4. Select the file type that you don't want to open in IE and click Advanced.
5. Clear the "Browse in same
window" check box and click OK.
6. Close the Folder Options dialog box.
That file type will now open within the
application instead of IE.
Let me know if you need anything else.
Did this Article Give you the
Information You Were Looking For?