Internet Fixes Question Of The Week!
IF01112 57 Vista Run Commands
Q. How Do I Create A New User Account Profile In XP.
A. User profiles are a convenient way of enabling other people to use the same PC while retaining their own privacy, settings and desktop layout. A profile also enables the user to password protect their particular settings, thus preventing other user's, unless they too know the password, from viewing or changing the current user settings. Profiles also enable the system administrator to restrict what each user can change on the system. For example, installing software or changing hardware configurations, etc. As a general rule it is wise that each user profile has its own password.
To create a new user account proceed as follows:
1. Make sure you are logged on to your PC as Administrator
2. Click the Start button
3. From the Start Menu click Control Panel
4. In the Control Panel Windows click the User Account Icon
5. In the User Account Window under the Pick A Task section, click Create a New Account
6. On the next screen type into the New Account dialogue box the name you want to call the account, i.e., Gary, and then press the Next button
7. The next screen enables you to Pick and Account type. There are two types available: Administrator and Limited. If you want to give the user full control select Administrator. If, on the other hand, you have children or don't wish the user to have full control select Limited instead. Now Click the Create Account button
8. Your new user account profile has now been created.
Did this Article Give you the Information You Were Looking For?