Q. I have a MSI computer running Windows XP2 Home Edition. I continually receive an error message when try to open programs "Application failed because FRAMEDYN.DLL was not found." Is there any way to fix this missing .dll? Thank you for your help.
A. To resolve this issue, use both of the following methods.
Replace the Framedyn.dll File
1. Click Start, and then click Run.
2. In the Open box, type %systemroot%\system32\dllcache, and then click OK.
4. Click Start, and then click Run.
5. In the Open box, type %systemroot%\system32\wbem, and then click OK.
6. On the Edit menu, click Paste. If you are prompted to replace the existing file, click Yes.
Verify System Variables
1. Click Start, right-click My Computer, and then click Properties on the shortcut menu that appears. If you receive the following error message, click OK:
rundll32.exe - Unable To Locate Component
This application has failed to start because framedyn.dll was not found. Re-installing the application may fix this problem.
2. In the System Properties dialog box, click the Advanced tab.
3. Click Environment Variables.
4. Under System variables, click Path, and then click Edit.
NOTE: If no Path variable is listed, click New. In the Variable name box, type Path.
5. In the Variable value box, type the following:
6. Click OK three times (each time that you have the option).
Did this Article Give you the Information You Were Looking For?