Q. My Neighbor across hall from me, has a problem getting his "classic view" to show up when he's in his "Control Panel" screen. All he sees are the programs on one page. No panels on the left side at all. How can I get his control panel to show up in the "Classic View"? He has Windows XP (Home) Edition as his OS. Thank you
A. To display links to common tasks in folders.
1.Open Folder Options in Control Panel.
• Click Start, and then click Control Panel.
• Click Appearance and Themes, and then click Folder Options.
2. On the General tab, under Tasks, click Show common tasks in folders.
• The hyperlinks to common tasks in the left pane of your folder windows provide quick access to file and folder management activities and other places on your computer, such as My Computer, Shared Documents, and My Network Places. Windows displays these links by default, so they may already be displayed in your folders. If they are not, you can use Folder Options to enable this feature.
• To disable this feature in your folders, on the General tab, under Tasks, click Use Windows classic folders.
Did this Article Give you the Information You Were Looking For?