Q. I Have Seven People In The House Right Now Using The Same Computer. Two Of My Younger Users Often Venture Into Areas They Shouldn’t And Cause Problems At Times. If It Is Possible How Do I Hide My Drives On My PC
A. If you have numerous people using your pc you may only want them to have access to applications rather than be able to see the content of all available drives. To hide drives proceed as follows:
Before making any changes to the registry it is recommended that you make a backup copy of your registry either from within the registry Editor (see How do I backup the Registry in Windows XP ) or by using the freeware registry backup utility called ERUNT (available from http://www.snapfiles.com/get/erunt.html )
1. Click the START button
2. From the Start menu click Run
3. In the Run dialogue box type; regedit and press OK
4. The Registry Editor Window will now open
5. Navigate to the following Key: HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Policies\Explorer
6. Right click on Explorer and, from the drop down menu, click on DWORD value
7. A new value box will appear in the right pane. Rename this value NoDrives.
8. Right click on the new NoDrives option and select Modify from the drop down menu
9. In the Modify value box type the following value 67108863 and then press OK
10. Finally Exit from the Windows registry
Did this Article Give you the Information You Were Looking For?