Q. There Are Times When I Look At The Time In The Status Bar And The Time Is An Hour Or More Off. It Never Stays At The Correct Time Regardless Of What I Do. How Can I Correct This Time Error In Windows XP?
A. If manually adjusting the time via the Date and Time option in Control Panel is unsuccessful you may need to un-register the Windows XP time module and then re-register it. To do this proceed as follows:
1. Click the START button
2. From the Start menu select All Programs>Accessories>Command Prompt
3. in the Command Prompt window type: 'net stop w32time' (without the quotes) and press Enter
4. Next type: 'w32tm /unregister' (without the quotes) and hit Enter again
5. Now type: 'w32tm /register' (without the quotes) and again hit Enter
6. Now type: 'net start w32time' (without the quotes) and hit Enter again.
7. Finally close the Command prompt window
Did this Article Give you the Information You Were Looking For?