Q. After installing Windows XP Service Pack 2 (SP2) and downloading emails into Outlook Express, I find that no images are downloaded with the email. Only the placeholders are shown. How Do I Unblock Images In Outlook Express
A. This is a security feature that can prevent the person sending the email (usually a company) from knowing that you have opened the mail. To change this option so that images are downloaded with all your mail do the following.
1. Launch Outlook Express
2. On the main Toolbar click the Tools option
3. From the drop down menu that appears click Options
4. The Options Window will now open
5. Click the Security tab
6. On the Security tab screen look for the section marked 'Download images'
7. Now uncheck the 'Block images and other external content in HTML email'
8. Finally click Apply followed by OK to exit
9. The next time you download your email the images should all be in place
Did this Article Give you the Information You Were Looking For?