Q. How Can I Stop The Unread Emails Option From Appearing On My Welcome Screen
A. Basically there are two ways of getting rid of this unread email option. The first is by editing the registry. However this is not always as successful as one might imagine. For this reason I have not included it here. Instead I shall use a far simpler, and more effective, way. That of a third party application called TweakUI.
TweakUI is a freeware Microsoft Windows Power Toy and is downloaded from the Microsoft website at:
1. Download Tweak UI from the Microsoft site and Install it on your PC
2. After installation click the Start button>All Programs>Powertoys for Windows XP>Tweak UI
3. The Tweak UI application will now open
4. From the menu on the left of the Tweak UI Interface Double Click on the Logon option
5. The Logon Option menu will now expand
6. Next Click the Unread Mail option
7. In the Unread Mail Option window Remove the 'tick' from the 'Show unread mail on Welcome Screen' option
8. Now click the Apply button followed by OK to Exit
9. The next time you boot up your pc the Unread Mail option will have been removed.
Did this Article Give you the Information You Were Looking For?