Q. Can I Get Messenger To Ask For A Password When The Log Me In Automatically Has Been Checked? My PC Is Open To Co-Workers Who Are Always Pulling One Prank Or Another.
A. Automatically signing in is sometimes an advantage but, at other times, it can mean that anyone that has access to your pc can log on to Messenger/MSN without your permission. If you have inadvertently ticked the Log Me In Automatically check box and you now have decided that you don't want to use this option, here is how you reverse the process.
1 Click the Start button
2. From the Start Menu click Run
3. In the Run dialogue box type Regedit
4. Navigate to the following registry key: HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\MessengerService
5. In the Right Hand Pane look for the MSNState option
6. The REG_BINARY value should be 01 00 00 00
7. Right click on the MSNState option and select Modify
8. In the Modify dialogue box change the figure to 00 00 00 00
9. Close the Registry window
10. Finally Restart Windows Messenger
Backup your registry. http://www.internetfixes.com/registry/
Did this Article Give you the Information You Were Looking For?