Q. I am a Freshmen in College this year and looking for any way I can to save or create spare time! How do I customize the Windows XP Start Menu?
Method 1: For adding or removing items from the Start Menu.
1. Right-click on the Start Menu, then choose Explore.
2. This will open the Start Menu folder and you will see the Programs folder.
3. You can create shortcuts to other applications, files or folders within the Start Menu folder.
Method 2: For changing the order of the items in the Start Menu's submenus (ie - to rearrange the order of the programs that appear when you select the Programs menu)
1. Click on the Start button, then navigate to the submenu that you'd like to rearrange.
2. Locate the item you'd like to "reorder".
3. Click on that item, hold down the mouse button and drag it to the new location. You'll see a darker horizontal line as you drag.
4. When the horizontal line is where you'd like the item to be, release the mouse button.
Note that all of the "entries" in the START menu folder are shortcuts to programs.
Did this Article Give you the Information You Were Looking For?