Q. How Do I Install A Font in Windows XP? I Am Hoping This Will Cure My Problem With Word.
A. At some point it may become necessary for you to either install a new font, particularly if you need the font for word processing, or removing a font. The procedure is relatively painless and goes as follows:
1. Click the Start Button
2. From the start menu click Run
3. In the Run dialog box type: %windir%\fonts and press Ok
4. The Font Window will now open
5. Click the File Option on the main toolbar and, from the drop down menu click Install New Font
6. The Add Font box will appear
7. In the Drive box select the drive/floppy or CD which contains the new font.
8. Click the Font you want to install
9. Make sure the Copy fonts to font folder option is ticked
10. Now click OK to copy the font
11. If you are copying more than one font, select the first font and then press the CTRL key as you select each of the other fonts
1. Click the Start button
2. From the Start menu click on Run
3. In the Run dialog box type: %windir%\fonts and press OK
4. The font window will now appear
5. Right click on the font you want to remove and, from the drop down menu select Delete
6. When you are prompted with the message 'Are you sure you want to delete these fonts' click Yes
Did this Article Give you the Information You Were Looking For?